AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto Magx Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto Magx Carbine
    Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 12:09am
Hi guys,
Here is what I've been working on for the last few months...
First, my new logo:
Sometime last year, there were quite a few posts on Auto Mags with shoulder stocks. One of them was by Conny... After a few posts, I arrived to the conclusion that this was a worthwhile project.

The main criteria was to be able to install a shoulder stock without altering the pistol's frame. I worked on the design for a few months before I was satisfied with the concept and here are the results:

I completed two carbines early this week; both with 16.5" barrel (that makes them 100% legal) and I took one to a friend's private range for testing and sighting in. It worked flawlessly and even so that my eyes are not what they used to be, it still managed to shoot a more than satisfactory group at 50 yards:

I've many more pictures on the file manager, but I don't want to overload the first post.

OK Conny, the cat is finally out of the bag!

Max
7mmMKsuper View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mmMKsuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 1:00am
Max,
     BRAVO!  Very nice looking and performing.  Is this a conversion you are willing to do for others as well?

MK

7mmMKsuper View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mmMKsuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 2:49am
Max,
    I forgot to ask in the earlier post, does this example include your new Bolt Design?

Again, fantastic work!
MK
jw4570 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jw4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 3:04am
Oh my God!

Awesome.

JW
Conny View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 6:31am
Gentlemen,
Since I bought my first Auto Mag decades ago, I always wondered why no one built a Carbine in the .44AMP and .357AMP cartridge. A little over a year ago, I mentioned on this site that I would love an Auto Mag Carbine. Well, Max Gera contacted me and said he would build one.

The realization that my Carbine would be built by the man who designed the first Auto Mag 40 years ago was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I sold a few firearms and went without luxury items until paid in full.

Being a regular Joe Shmo, never in my wildest dream did I think this would ever be built. I can never thank Max enough for making a decades old dream come true.

I am deeply honored and priviledged to not only own this Carbine but, the first one of its kind as well. My firearm collection is small. This Carbine is by far the most valued.

Now it's time to get ready for them hogs. Bacon anyone???
Rangers Lead The Way,

Duane Leiker
Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:21pm
Very good looking work Max!
Reminds me of the old Luger carbine, which I also find beautyfull.Wink

Auto Mag Whisperer View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:43pm
See Max, I told you it looked like a Luger carbine too.  Just stunning work my friend.
I look forward to see whats next.  You are like the gift that just keeps on giving.

Bruce

Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 7:08pm
Nice!!!
Yoshi View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 7:18pm
Awesome! Thumbs%20Up

Yoshi
Gerry View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 8:30pm
Very cool but how does the stock attach to the frame? When will the barrel production begin?
Conny, I like my bacon with three eggs. A very exciting project to enjoy for years to come.
Congrates to both.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>