AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto Magx Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 2:47am
Oh my! That sir, is a work of art!
Road King View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 5:20pm
Beautiful, insightfully engineered design.  Another example of what can be when skill and creativity come together.  Kudos to you Max.  A gun worthy of the cover of any magazine.  The photos caused my blood pressure and heart rate to go up to unsafe levels.

Charlie
"Whoever said "the pen is mightier than the sword" obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
General Douglas MacArthur.
Road King View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 5:34pm
Max,
You said in your first post you intended to make a dozen sets on a special order basis.  Are you taking deposits?  Do you have a total cost estimate yet?  I'm still trying to get my pulse rate under control and I've started looking for stuff to sell.
Charlie
"Whoever said "the pen is mightier than the sword" obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
General Douglas MacArthur.
MAX GERA View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 7:23pm
Hi Charlie,

Most of your questions are answered in my post in the classifieds.

Max
schwammy View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 2:14am
I wonder if I can get enough to afford a kit if I sell my cats into slavery...     

(I'm not complaining about the price; for the amount of time and skill you put into each, it is a bargain in my opinion.)
Conny View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 2:25am
I have one and I'm trying to sell my kidney on-line for a "kit" as an investment. The price is quite reasonable.
Rangers Lead The Way,

Duane Leiker
aklawok View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aklawok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 3:43am
  That is some wonderful matched furniture max, did you do your own carving?
let me(us) know when and how $ will be available. especialy with your new bolt design.Clap
WHEN IN NOME, DO AS THE NOMENS!
ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD, BUT YOU CAN SEE IT FROM HERE!

73 KL1YJ
MAX GERA View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 4:00am
Yes Ken, that is my woodwork.
The carbine package is available now... Detail$ in the cla$$ified $ection.
I explained about the bolt availability earlier on this post.

Max
TC357MAX View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TC357MAX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 3:05am
Max great looking carbine at a good price too!  What kind of loads were you shooting? Will it function at light loads?
Have you thought about making any without sights? How about a scope mount integral to the forearm?
MAX GERA View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:02pm
The loads used for the tests were 240 gr. FMJ  with  21.2 grains of WW296 and CCI LP primers.
According to Bruce Stark, this load gives 1,250 fps from a 6.5" barrel.

I wanted to check the velocity from the 16.5" barrel. Unfortunately, it  kept on raining on and off during the tests and I couldn't set up the chronograph.
I'll try again next time and report the results. I'm hoping for at least an additional 250 fps.

Max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>