AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto Magx Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 10:01pm
Hi 7mmMKsuper,
I intend to make about a dozen kits on a special order basis. It does not yet incorporates the new bolt. If I make the bolts by hand with my current equipment, I would have to charge at least $2,000.00 each. The new bolt will have to wait until I can set up to make at least one hundred units, to bring the price down.
Hi Luc,
The entire design was indeed inspired by the Luger carbine. I  updated the stock design  to a more contemporary and comfortable higher comb.
Hi Gerry,
At first I was going to attach the stock using "Auto Mag Sophisticated Aerospace Technology", you know: welding, crazy glue, a couple of ring clips and maybe a helicoil or two.DeadDeadDead
But then, in consideration to the Luger theme, I decided to use good design and old world gun maker's methods instead.Smile
Here are some pictures of the stock lug:
And here is how it attaches to the frame:
As you can see, the the frame lug is made in two pieces and wraps around the grip frame with two claws holding it to the inside the frame cut-out. The grip-stocks are inletted into the frame for strength and rigidity.
The whole unit is so strong, that I test fired it holding the buttstock against a wall without any problems (many gunstocks will break if you pull that stunt).
darrell View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 10:40pm
Wow!!!  Another work of art Max.  Too Cool. 
darrello
Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:55am
Max,
That is a very nice conversion and technique!
I'm just curious about the little black latch under the barrel. Since I'm almost 100% sure that the barrel is not welded but threaded in the frame LOL, you haven't made that a quick change barrel didn't you? As in the old winchesters, quarter turn on the barrel and its out...
Now that would be the most convertible pistol/carbine package...Big%20smile
Auto Mag Whisperer View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 5:03pm
Hey Max,

How about showing us how the fore-stock attaches.  You said you might design in a way to store a magazine in the butt-stock.  Did you do this ?  The wood you chose is beautiful.  What kind is it ?

Lots of questions I know.  This is the most exciting Auto Mag news in many years.  It's a good thing you didn't waste any time with that Kodiak outfit.  Maybe someday you will tell us what happened with them offering you a job.

Bruce
MAX GERA View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 5:31pm
Luc,

I did not go as far as a 1/4 turn takedown system. Nevertheless, the entire conversion can be accomplished in less than five minutes. Here is how the forend is attached:
The forend iron is attached to the frame with a simple pin that replaces the takedown lever. It has two leveling screws that lock it in place against the front of the frame and the trigger guard. The wood is attached to the iron with two screws.

Hi Bruce,

I did install a trap-door butt plate that holds a magazine and/or other stuff.

I used air dry California Claro at least five years old.

As far as "The Auto Mag Company", they wanted me to make five prototypes with all the improvements in different calibers; all at my expense... Then, sign over all rights to them.
All of this without me getting a dime. Then  when they started making guns they would pay me $300.00 per gun sold.

I told them that I would consider their offer with a $50,000.00 retainer and $10,000.00 a month while I built the prototypes. I never heard from them again!

Tony, it looks like you were asking the same question while I was responding to Luc and Bruce
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 5:32pm
How does that forearm attach to the gun?  It looks like it's screwed to the barrel, but with the barrel moving back and forth.........
It looks like the forearm is solidly up against the trigger guard as well.......I'm at a loss here as to how that works.  Maybe we don't have all the right pics or I'm just a dumbass.

OK...I have to edit my post now, since Max added pics that weren't posted when I posted the above response.

So....the answer is.....we did not have all the pics needed to understand how it was put together.

Tony

7mmMKsuper View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7mmMKsuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 5:39pm
Max,
    Very elegant solution.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Can't wait to get mine
MK
Conny View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 6:15pm
Bruce,
I hope your statement; "This is the most exciting Auto Mag news in many years.", is true. I think it is.

Once I have possesion of the Carbine, I'll send emails and photos to various gun magazines for a possible test firing and article. Might one day see the Auto Mag on the cover of a magazine again. Who knows? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I wouldn't have my Carbine if Max worked on that Kodiak crap.

For my next project; Max, how about a belt fed Auto Mag Carbine?? WinkThumbs%20UpBig%20smile
Rangers Lead The Way,

Duane Leiker
MAX GERA View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAX GERA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 6:43pm
Conny,

I think that belt fed stuff is more in the Will Hayden's (Son of Guns) department.

Max
Ian View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 7:39pm
That looks stunning :)

Ian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>