AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sight elevation screw needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 1:44am
Mike did you find the elevation screw ???????? 
" Right turn Clyde "
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:20am
Yes it turns out I had purchased a spare from John Lodahl some time ago and subsequently found it with my Auto Mag Allen wrenches.

Still haven’t had time to fix it though. 
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 6:08am
Five months later (!) and I finally got a chance to fix this thing. I took it to a friend who has a complete machine shop in his 1400 square foot 1-car garage. 

We had to remove the sight first because there wasn’t enough of the stub remaining to get ahold of it to unthread it.  Here it is placed upside down in the mill:

Our thought was to use a small drill bit, and hopefully at some point it would grab ahold of the screw and turn it like a screwdriver and buzz it on out. 

(I tried it upload a photo showing just thst happening, but after 30 minutes of trying I gave up. The forum software just doesn’t like it). 

Here is the sight getting reinstalled. A punch was used to retain the sight under spring pressure from the right as the pin was inserted from the left:

Nope. Software doesn’t like that one either. Grrrr…

Anyway, it’s fixed! Now I need to take it out and shoot it and sight it in again, which I hope to do in the upcoming weeks. 

Thanks to all for the advice and help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123