AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Photo's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

8mm AMP again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8mm AMP again
    Posted: 09 May 2020 at 5:20pm
I am making another Borchardt style case.  This is for the 8mm AMP Artillery.
Bruce

An armed society is a polite society.
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Dances with AutoMags Dances with AutoMags wrote:

Bruce

BITCHEN Beer Beer Beer  !
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Dances with AutoMags Dances with AutoMags wrote:

Bruce

Very nice Wink !

Dances with AutoMags View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 6:09pm
A Mauser C-96 holster works just fine.  Sarco has black ones for about $30.00 !

I am having real problems posting pictures.  It works about once out of 50 attempts.  Says I have a "malicious code" and I have "failed the security scan."  That's why I have not posted a picture with the gun in the holster.  It looks like the holster will accept an 8.5" barrel, just custom modify the strap.  Cheers 
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 6:55pm
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 7:13pm
So very cool  Bruce thank you for posting Clap !
Flatlander View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:03pm
Thank you for sharing. I never knew. May I as what year?
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 9:27pm
The barrel was made in 2018.  I have been "developing" it ever since.  There are only the two 8mmAMP guns.  The Artillery and the Carbine.  It is like the 8mm Kurtz with a shorter bullet to achieve a 1.60" Overall length.  I may be going overboard by playing up a German theme.  Mauser / Lugar.  I have a Totenkopf coming for the holster. 
Bruce

Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 8:39am
Hi Bruce,
while it might work for your AMP pistol (if not to loose), it is actually not a holster for the pistol itself but more a harness for the shoulderstock of the shnellfeuer pistol (c96)
Just an idea, why not making a wooden schoulderstock/holster for your 8mm AMP, that would be the max!!!

Can you share some news about the loads for your 8mm AMP rounds?

Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:47pm
Thanks for the information Luc.  That is certainly embarrassing.  I think it looks good and note that this is a "fantasy" gun and not a restoration.  The 7.5" Artillery barrel with the tall front sight blade seems to fit pretty well into the "holster." 
I fired 5 rounds of the 8mmAMP using the Artillery barrel on a North Hollywood frame.  I used 19gr. of WW296 and fired it.  It worked and cycled but the hold-open didn't stay open on the last round.  I will go up to 21.5gr for my next test.  The 8mm bullet is about 155gr.
I still think this holster looks real nice with an Auto Mag in it.  I was thinking it would be a good rig to use in the field or walk a gun-show with.....HA 
Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>