AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Photo's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Titanium 6AL4V grips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:12am
I really do not like the looks of the Hogue G10 grips either but I bet they are good to shoot with.  If and when my Founder's Edition comes, I plan on getting a set to try.  I have gone to VZ G10 grips for most of the guns I shoot a lot.

How is the barrel running was what I was asking?

edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:48am
The Hogue G-10 grips and not that pretty but your in total control of your Automag when shooting and they wont break, as far as them being too rough, I was an Electrician for 41 years so I guess my hands are a little rougher than most, I find them comfortable to hold and there thin like the Pasadena grips Wink
The best looking grips I have found are the Black Micarta, absolutely gorgeous and will not break.
Thanks to a board member for helping me out...........Thank You again and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask  Thumbs Up
Bob......you are correct I too love the Black grips installed on Stainless Steel, nothing looks better except maybe aluminum fully checkered and anodized satin Black........I can dream can't I 
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:04am
Originally posted by BEEMER1 BEEMER1 wrote:

I really do not like the looks of the Hogue G10 grips either but I bet they are good to shoot with.  If and when my Founder's Edition comes, I plan on getting a set to try.  I have gone to VZ G10 grips for most of the guns I shoot a lot.

How is the barrel running was what I was asking?

Oh sorry Bob, the new barrel ; 
Things are very tight , I'm currently shooting only 4 round mags, the bolt I opted for is without the
Assist Rotation Cut & when they become available I'll buy one.
A little hard pulling back the Cocking Piece , I've done some polishing on the rear of the bolt on the new style system that goes into the Cocking Piece & that seems to help.
The tolerances are much tighter on the lug area then on my Pasadena bolt so I'm going to need to shoot 
a few hundred rounds or more on the new system to brake things in. 
I've only shot about 15 rounds & I've had a few feed problems.  
I'm using an original Pasadena magazine & waiting for the new ones to become available.
I'm also using Rig's lube.  
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by edkel1 edkel1 wrote:

The Hogue G-10 grips and not that pretty but your in total control of your Automag when shooting and they wont break, as far as them being too rough, I was an Electrician for 41 years so I guess my hands are a little rougher than most, I find them comfortable to hold and there thin like the Pasadena grips Wink
The best looking grips I have found are the Black Micarta, absolutely gorgeous and will not break.
Thanks to a board member for helping me out...........Thank You again and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask  Thumbs Up
Bob......you are correct I too love the Black grips installed on Stainless Steel, nothing looks better except maybe aluminum fully checkered and anodized satin Black........I can dream can't I 
Ed

I am glad to here that the G10 grips are thin.  When I first saw them I thought they looked thick for some reason.  Are they thinner than the N Hollywood/El Monte grips?

I am not afraid of them being too rough.  Some of the VZ's are way to aggressive for me.  I shoot a 460 Rowland on a 1911 platform and I switched down to a set that were a little bit smoother.
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:36am
Bob
The grips are very thin, the G-10 grips are about .288 /.290 at the bottom of the grips, where you install the mag
My stock Pasadena grips are grips .279 / .280 for the same side and location so they are very comparable.
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 12:48am
Just a few more of the titanium grips, so hard to image.......& by the I really don't care for the new style windage elevation adjustment screws they are now made for a flat head driver.
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:06am
Steve
The grips are beautiful, can you take some more pics of that site, close up'splease
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:33am
I seen straight/slotted heads screws on sites before and think they(yours) look good, the allen/hex/torx heads I think are much better looking BUT it's hard to keep them strong unless you cut them as most cut threads/grooves too high and it weakens them as shown on other threads showing them broken. Yes, them grips sure do look nice also! Sort of looks like they melted metal over and quickly form the shape, saying this in a good way as they look/fit perfect as if made from the start for it.
Very nice hi-def pics, just zoom in on them ED.
Just in case you are lazy, here is what I see.
Enjoy!
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 7:00am
Scott 
No i'm not lazy, just wanted to see a front view of the site blade and looking down and see the entire site, that's why I asked Steve for more pics and close ups but I guess I did not explain it out clearly Confused 
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:04pm
Steve

I was talking to William about another subject and he said he really liked the titanium grips as the color is darker than aluminum and it matches the gun better.

Why not take some pics in natural light.  I find that detail show up best there.  I shoot on the north side of the house in "light shade" if you know what I mean.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>