AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some photos of lasts nights fun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some photos of lasts nights fun
    Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 11:48am

So I got to go down to the range last night and thought I would just post a couple of photos.

So this is my North Hollywood AutoMag with new grips that went on last night, while the grips feel fantastic sadly pistol is a little unwell and needs a new spring to bring it back to life.

This is the pair dressed for the night.

Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 12:46pm
It appears we have similar good taste in our weekend wardrobe ;-)

Who was that masked man,,,
Ian View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 6:44pm
The grips look fantastic with the leather work.

Ian
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 8:58pm
Brown Micarta from old countertop material ;-)

Who was that masked man,,,
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 10:00pm
Ian—I thought you were in England and had to turn in your Auto Mag to the government to be destroyed some years ago?  Am I very confused?

It looks great!

I just today picked up a Safariland 101 shoulder holster on EBay.  Great minds think alike!
Ian View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 11:30am
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay in my replay but I had to go away for a couple of days with work.

Did you every watch the TV show SOAP back in the day, the saying "Confused? You won't be, after this week's episode of...." may come to mind by the end of this.

So the UK has an irrational fear of guns, it is all pervasive throughout the media, government, police and as a result the people of the UK but out laws are just a little mad.

All firearms are classified in the UK and each classification has its restrictions and exceptions.

I have two types of firearms in the UK.

The ones I have at home:

• Rifles - .22lr through to .308 (other people have shotguns as well but I don’t have any)
  • Muzzle loading revolver - .38 (Not a good quality video - sorry)

We then have the “banned” pistols, this is not strictly speaking true they are do not fall under a ban but they are very restricted.

There are two exceptions to the “ban”.

• Section 7(1) – This exemption allows obsolete calibres pistol / revolvers to be kept at home under lock and key with the correct alarms etc.
  • Section 7(3) – This exception allows the holder to own pistols & revolvers and have them stored at a “designated sites”

When I found out about the exceptions in the law, I was able to convince my club to become a designated site, this took around 5 years and requited a number of hoops to be jumped through but we where successful.

Once you have a designated site you as a member and individual can apply for the exception so I did.

Your application needs demonstrate one of the following about each the firearms you want own:

• Historical importance
  • Aesthetic quality
  • Technical interest
  • Particular rarity

While most others applied for one or two firearms for their collection I decided to go on a different tack and apply for quite a number, 22 to be precise 17 of them are AMT pistols and after writing a justification for them I was granted the permissions to hold them at my clubs designated site, so I am now able to go and test & evaluate them as needed. 

(AutoMag & AutoMag IV missing from this photo)

Some of the AMTs

So while there are rules to comply with and restrictions to live by pistols are not banned or I would not be able to have them.

There are some obvious issues  to contend with, I have two non-functioning pistols at the moment, if I was able to have them at home I would pop into my workshop and get them fixed in a relatively short amount of time or send them to a gun smith if it is beyond my comfort zone, with the rules as they are the pistol must stay at the designated site so I can take a new <insert part> down try it, take measurements one week, tweak it in the workshop and take it down the following Sunday and try again, if I get it right in the week then good but if it needs a little more tweaking then it is week until I can try again hence a repair can take quite a bit of time, but it is fun to do.

Anyway that is how I get to use my AMTs in the UK.

edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 3:31pm
Ian
Your lucky you have a legal way around British gun laws. 
The US may not be perfect but the 2nd amendment is priceless, I thank our for fathers for our constitutional right to own them.
Hope you get your AM fixed soon.
Ed

" Right turn Clyde "
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 3:43pm
Ian
Forgot to ask 
1. How do you get firearms into the UK, especially handguns ?????
2. How / where do you get ammo, do you reload ?????   
Just goes to show you how privileged we are in the US Thumbs Up
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
Rocketthon View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocketthon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 2:33am
Originally posted by edkel1 edkel1 wrote:

Ian
Forgot to ask 
1. How do you get firearms into the UK, especially handguns ?????
2. How / where do you get ammo, do you reload ?????   
Just goes to show you how privileged we are in the US Thumbs Up
Ed
It is not privilege, it is a recognized God given right called LIBERTY!
When you are up to your neck in alligators it is hard to remember your original intention was to drain the swamp
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 3:03am
Rick
I agree with you but we are in the minority but the tide seams to be swinging into our favor.
Look at other countries England, Australia, Mexico, Japan and the list goes on .
Our for fathers took care of us but what if our government abolished the 2nd amendment like the Democrats keep suggesting, what would you do ??????????? hand them over or risk going to jail. 
We need to vote and protect our rights and apply for your CCW if you qualify.
There are 3 types of people that vote
1. Those who watch things happen
2. Those that wonder what happened
3. Those who make things happen 
Where do you fit in on the 3, I have never missed voting since 1980
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>