AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Photo's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

44 10.5 Pasadena barrel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:29pm
I don't think Larry would mined one bit if you asked him about that front sight issue IF it bothers you or you want to alt it, anything can be done, it's a piece of metal like you said. I just thought there are others unfired avail. that it wasn't worth the worry about shooting this one or just look at it as some here do.

edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:52pm
No worries Scott
Do you have the plastic like that or know where to get it, its real little and my fat fingers don't work well together
I will end up shooting it before too long but we have been hammered with a lot of rain here in so/cal so have to wait
I do have 2 of the sights that go on a tapered barrel if you or anyone else needs one, just ask of PM 
Let me know when we can talk about the other items
George......do you have a spare front site insert ??????? 
Thanks everyone
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 12:24am
I'll bet if you went to the hardware store and just looked at different things in there you would find some orange plastic dohicky for cheap to use. or whatever color you want, white can be pvc pipe, just buy a little plug/piece, I believe there is orange pvc for some special use thing also. You will need to take your time and file it down slowly for tight fit, I would make it a little bit big and once done take a old style solder iron to it to smooth the file marks off. This is a try this or that project in my mind. I never seen any insert that would be this big or I would start with one of them and trim for fit. Maybe a gunsmith might have a better idea or material. If you have the time, give a big guy a call, Ruger or Smith and see what idea they would have. I don't shotgun much but maybe there are some big ones for that style firearm, these newer age shotguns/firearms have all kinds of wigets.
I think it would looks best as a filled in front sight but never can say what that "rod" would do until you try it either.
I'll bet you have some plastic laying around you never thought of until now that you could use.

Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:10am
Hoping to put this one to bed.

To appease our drama queens out there I didn't want to use the same old tired pictures, so pulled out all the 6 1/2" VR barrels I could get my hands on quickly without digging too much or taking guns apart.

Also made sure to get a group shot with the same plastic ruler I used to illustrate the length of the sight to avoid any accusations of not really having these barrels.

Based on my very crude assessment, the sight lengths are commonly rather long, but there is a spectrum and clearly there are some shorter ones.

Sorry, didn't have anything else handy to measure the sight length in the 10 whole minutes I spent on this, so I just used a cheap plastic ruler that was on the tool bench.  

I'm hoping the last picture will answer the question about it being a factory sight profile. Otherwise we both bought our barrels from the same guy who screws up Auto Mags barrels.

So as you can imagine, I'm calling it a factory barrel.  Clearly the insert was added by someone, but from what I can see, no two site inserts are alike, so not too likely done by the same guy.

I suspect even with this photographic evidence someone will still refute what they are seeing.

For my next magic trick I will dig out all my years of AMP reloading notes, thousands of rounds of used brass, turret loading equipment (needed for all the AMP loading I once did every week) and the thousands of rounds of loaded AMP ammo and brass I still have,,, NOT  Sorry, maybe someone else can feed the drama needy.

GH
Who was that masked man,,,
golden24 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golden24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Auto Mag Auto Mag wrote:

Hoping to put this one to bed.

To appease our drama queens out there I didn't want to use the same old tired pictures, so pulled out all the 6 1/2" VR barrels I could get my hands on quickly without digging too much or taking guns apart.

Also made sure to get a group shot with the same plastic ruler I used to illustrate the length of the sight to avoid any accusations of not really having these barrels.

Based on my very crude assessment, the sight lengths are commonly rather long, but there is a spectrum and clearly there are some shorter ones.

Sorry, didn't have anything else handy to measure the sight length in the 10 whole minutes I spent on this, so I just used a cheap plastic ruler that was on the tool bench.  

I'm hoping the last picture will answer the question about it being a factory sight profile. Otherwise we both bought our barrels from the same guy who screws up Auto Mags barrels.

So as you can imagine, I'm calling it a factory barrel.  Clearly the insert was added by someone, but from what I can see, no two site inserts are alike, so not too likely done by the same guy.

I suspect even with this photographic evidence someone will still refute what they are seeing.

For my next magic trick I will dig out all my years of AMP reloading notes, thousands of rounds of used brass, turret loading equipment (needed for all the AMP loading I once did every week) and the thousands of rounds of loaded AMP ammo and brass I still have,,, NOT  Sorry, maybe someone else can feed the drama needy.

GH

Beer
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:48am
Hi Steve,

I was hoping to part with some of this, but recently looked most of it over with my boys who previously were not interested, now they tell me I should keep it all as they want it,,,

Not sure if thats good or bad,,,

GH
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:54am
George
The last two pictures say volumes on this subject and the last one looks strangely familiar to mine Thumbs Up 
Gotta run, popcorn is done
Thanks
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:57am
Good thing I had that crappy ruler in the picture or I would risk being accused of photo-shopping the picture.

;-)

ATB

GH
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edkel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:06am
George
May I ask where did you get those pics or when did you 
Very cool 
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:27am
I bought them on eBay, you can buy anything on eBay ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>