FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AMT hardballer sn# question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aklawok View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aklawok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMT hardballer sn# question
    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:36am
  Right now California, new York, new jersey, Washington and hawaii have some form of ban.
Here is a link to a detailed list of all current legislation relating to more bans:http://www.aaps-journal.org/fossil-ivory-legislation.html

And yes most new proposed bans include "fossil" ivory with the intent to save elephants.
Here is a link to the Alaska legislature resolution regarding this:
WHEN IN NOME, DO AS THE NOMENS!
ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD, BUT YOU CAN SEE IT FROM HERE!

73 KL1YJ
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:31pm
Always assumed it had to be stabilized or varnished. Have it as knife scales, seems solid when that small.

Who wants to ban it? Not from living animal, so why?
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
aklawok View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aklawok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 2:03pm
The mastadon we get here is very hard to work with, cracked and brittle. The Russian stuff is much whiter hard to tell from walrus and elephant, why is trying to ban all,of it.

73 KL1YJ
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 2:31am
Don't have a set yet, but I really like Mammoth Ivory. And snakeskin covered grips, which I do have.

https://www.boonetrading.com/collections/1911-mammoth-ivory-grips

http://www.lostfortygrips.com/
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
aklawok View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aklawok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 10:14am
  wow, some real disparities in pricing on those grips.
Have never had mop. Grips not familiar with values. I do ivory and artifact, and have thought about doing some grip carving but have found little media on grip making.

73 KL1YJ
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 3:17am
XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 2:36pm
What is the market price for MOP grips? Are they that rare? Once you remove them what do you have left for the early version HardBaller. Unless you want an early version to round out your collection, why get one? This has been shot also so loss of value as a collector as well as no papers and no box.
Everybody has to start somewhere to their collection I guess.
aklawok View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aklawok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:13am
  Boy! Like hogs on a truffle! Was not expecting such a mystery on this one lol. Still close to triple market value. Looking for a longslide came upon this one.

73 KL1YJ
XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 1:17am
I'm going to guess maybe he thought it was a good idea to use DLR as a salesman sample but after he they moved and he had to make another with the new location he re-thought this idea. I'm not sure who worked at AMT but it would be nice to know some of these oddball questions that come up. Still would stick to the more common practice of thinking it was a customer custom number he wanted till proof shows otherwise. It's not this is worth big bucks in this shape anyway, no box, no papers and has been shot at least a few rounds AND if it was a sample it was shot more!
Just a nice 1911!
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:27am
Sorry to disagree, but if Harry was in the habit of using DLR to designate dealer samples, wouldnt we have seen other guns w/ this prefix? Has anybody seen more of them? I'm in the "employee gun w/ aftermarket grips" camp on this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>