Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe New Automag Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 84>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 3:34am
I went to breakfasts this morning with an old customer I have not seen in 3 years . it was around 8:30 and I never finished my response to this post and when I got home it was gone.......anyways Big smile

I got that same letter around 7:30-8:00 a.m. but i'm perplexed   Confused  what the big deal is, I was and sill am on that list, for well over a year but I chose not to put a deposit down on a dream, if it came true sure I might purchase one but not till then while others chose to put a deposit down or even purchase it in full before the guns was a reality, so again what's all the fuss about, no one twisted there arms to do it, were all adults here.

I like Patrick and think he's an honest, hard working and all around good guy and I hope everything works out for him.........but come on  
He get's criticized if he does not have a current status on the progress of his guns or if the emails are too far apart or no news at all, and for a real time frame as in completed firearms with shipment dates and times, he can win Ouch 

Yes he made mistakes, he should never have announced the new Auto Mag till it was 100% operational with 500 in stock waiting to be shipped and more being produced every day, that's  something Patrick will have to work thru but if your selling a product and have a list to sign up for but other chose to put  a deposit down or pay in full and that way you go to the head of the line that's called salesmanship.
Yes he should have made the updated more often, he did try.

I started my response to this  message after 8:00 am and i'm just about to post it here at 7:35 pm
Getting old is hell
Ed

" Right turn Clyde "
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 5:31am
Originally posted by edkel1 edkel1 wrote:

I went to breakfasts this morning with an old customer I have not seen in 3 years . it was around 8:30 and I never finished my response to this post and when I got home it was gone.......anyways Big smile

I got that same letter around 7:30-8:00 a.m. but i'm perplexed   Confused  what the big deal is, I was and sill am on that list, for well over a year but I chose not to put a deposit down on a dream, if it came true sure I might purchase one but not till then while others chose to put a deposit down or even purchase it in full before the guns was a reality, so again what's all the fuss about, no one twisted there arms to do it, were all adults here.

I like Patrick and think he's an honest, hard working and all around good guy and I hope everything works out for him.........but come on  
He get's criticized if he does not have a current status on the progress of his guns or if the emails are too far apart or no news at all, and for a real time frame as in completed firearms with shipment dates and times, he can win Ouch 

Yes he made mistakes, he should never have announced the new Auto Mag till it was 100% operational with 500 in stock waiting to be shipped and more being produced every day, that's  something Patrick will have to work thru but if your selling a product and have a list to sign up for but other chose to put  a deposit down or pay in full and that way you go to the head of the line that's called salesmanship.

I started my response to this  message after 8:00 am and i'm just about to post it here at 7:35 pm
Getting old is hell
Ed

Forgot to mention, Bruce Stark made a comment and he said was right, he has been back stabbed by some all because he wanted to recreate the Auto Mag ............give the man a break.
Patiently wait in line, demand a refund and cancel your order or  buy something else.
eBay does have toy Auto Mags at a fraction of the cost, there ready for shipping and don't need a FFL to handle the transfer and there California legal.
Ed

sorry about past typos, must be an age thing
" Right turn Clyde "
CrazyLarry View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 1:26pm

Patiently wait in line, demand a refund and cancel your order or  buy something else.

I finally went with option 2 (but, politely. Patrick has been very professional in this regard).

Done for now, just waiting for my refund at this point. I'll revisit this once Patrick gets things sorted out.

Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 4:37pm

Getting old is hell
Ed

Forgot to mention, Bruce Stark made a comment and he said was right, he has been back stabbed by some all because he wanted to recreate the Auto Mag ............give the man a break.
eBay does have toy Auto Mags at a fraction of the cost, there ready for shipping and don't need a FFL to handle the transfer and there California legal.
Ed

sorry about past typos, must be an age thing

Well from what I can see there is nothing unique about Patrick's experience to date, it simply mirrors the history of the Auto Mag overall.

When Harry Sanford started this endeavor ~50 years ago he faced similar and probably many many more hardships. 

Not knowing specifically what Bruce was referring to I can only say, I have not seen anything about this effort that was unexpected. 

LEJ and Max G always argued it could not even be done by anyone outside of the big well established manufacturers, so at some level you really have to tip you hat at what has been done so far.

I think having Larry G involved for as long as he was, must have been the invaluable piece that got them to the point they actually had something so display at the Shot Show. 

Now 1 1/2 years later, they are still struggling to get back to that point. 

In all fairness they started on a totally flawed premise, the Max G redesign.  So lots of time was lost to chasing that dream only to scrap it in totality and go back to largely a reproduction of the original gun with a few tweaks.

The challenge at the moment appears to be a continued evaluation and re-engineering of the design.  You cant knock the reasons behind this effort, but thats a big effort for such a small group, and you cannot assign a timeframe to such an activity.  It will be done when they are satisfied or just say enough or when they throw in the towel. 

Only time will tell,, so buckle up and enjoy the ride of get off and try another path to what you want. 

GH 
Who was that masked man,,,
edkel1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 5:00pm
George
Well said and to the point, hope if works out for everyone patiently waiting and for Patrick's efforts to to bring back the Auto Mag.
Ed
" Right turn Clyde "
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 5:50pm
I'm hoping that Magnum Research makes a version of their gas operated pistol in 44AMP with their newer light-weight frame design.

I had a chance to take some range time with their 357 model and it is now on my wish list. But, I'm not spending $$$ on another safe queen for quite some time. Duck and deer season are soon upon us and I am focused on that for this fall.
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 6:38pm
Why would you want a DE in 44 AMP when it already works with 44 Magnum???
TRX302 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Auto Mag Auto Mag wrote:

In all fairness they started on a totally flawed premise, the Max G redesign. 

What was the problem with it?
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:23pm
With the Max G redesign???  If so the problem was it didn't work and they abandoned it and went back to the original design.

Not saying it couldn't be made to work, but the fact is they are not building the Auto-Max.

And if Max was building it on his own AND it worked, I feel certain we would have heard about it being for sale by now.

Given the history of the Auto Mag, we are far from the end of the story.  There could be many more chapters ahead before we done.

GH
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Auto Mag Auto Mag wrote:

Why would you want a DE in 44 AMP when it already works with 44 Magnum???

Rimless design of the 44AMP helps with avoiding feeding issues and magazine stack.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 84>