AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member: IAI AM III questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 3:10am
leader77,
We are talking about the Automag III, are you? You wrote Automag II and I think the "M" pre-fix is a II also but wanted to confirm what you are taking about.
kwesi View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 3:51am
I was able to purchase a new IAI AMT III stainless steel mag with the orange follower this eve.  The pistol ships tomorrow.  Ordering Ammo next.  
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:38am
If you do mean AM II and not III, does the mag have a slot in both sides? If so, its for an Excel Arms gun. I see quite a few people misidentify those mags. I always wondered if they would in an AMII.
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:41am
Originally posted by Leader77 Leader77 wrote:

I have one of the early Automag ll with SN MOXXXX and it has a Black follower in the magazine and is bright stainless steel finish. I recent bought what was listed as an AMT Original Factory Magazine from Numrich (gunpartscorp)and it had a dull finish with an orange follower. It didn't work in my gun and jammed with the first bullet so it's going back tomorrow. I don't even believe it was made by AMT and looks like a poor cheap Chinese attempt at a Clone! Anyone else have the same problem?

Meant to quote this in above post, but replied instead.
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
TankMan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TankMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:30am
I believe you all have already established what an original AutoMag III .30 carbine magazine looks like. Here's a photo of my AutoMag III with orange follower, owned since new, fired one session, 10 shots total. I found the grip just a hair stubby but usable.

Jerry

kwesi View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 3:37am
Thanks Jerry.  I wonder if the black followers were made when they were assembled in Pasadena.  From what I’ve read that is when QC diminished.
XP001 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XP001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 5:06am
kwesi,
The "Auto Mags" series line up was made in Pasadena, Ca, not the "AMT (Arcadia Machine & Tool)Automag II, III, IV and V" series. I believe the AMT Automag II series were made in Covina, Ca.(early models) and then in Irwindale, Ca.  where they then also made the III, IV and V, they were then purchased by Galena Ind. and moved to Sturgis, South Dakota and then High Standard took it over and made some very limited numbers of the "Automag II"  and "Back Up" models in Texas. Not sure if they still make any more of them though. Two completely different firearms but both companies were started by Harry Sanford.
kwesi View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 3:07pm
Thanks for the correction XP!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123