AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TDE Auto Mag Automag L.E. JURRAS - Lunch Box Gun ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TDE Auto Mag Automag L.E. JURRAS - Lunch Box Gun ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasadena-Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TDE Auto Mag Automag L.E. JURRAS - Lunch Box Gun ?
    Posted: 14 May 2018 at 4:24am
TDE Auto Mag Automag L.E. JURRAS Model 100 on gunbroker

How is this one not a lunchbox gun?

B frame with solid bolt, Jurras barrel and CAT grips.

Listed as "All original matching gun"

Seller dont know what he is talking about, or just BS.

buyer beware  -Joe
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 5:12am
Seller also had several 280 barrels for sale that all came to him as a package with the gun (estate sale). It likely was a 280 later fitted with a .41 JMP barrel. I think the buyer scooped up the other barrels as well.
KMP View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:20pm
I agree with Mike. B bolt guns were notorious for destroying barrel lugs. I bet the original barrel got tossed and installed a replacement barrel and CAT grips. 
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pantera Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 9:26pm
Why do you think the original barrel was tossed? He was selling THREE different 280 barrels including a ribbed 6.5 inch, in separate auctions. I would assume that one of those was the original barrel for this frame.
KMP View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 10:41pm
You could be correct, I'm just saying that B bolts destroyed the 17-4 barrel lugs and there was no way to repair them, so they probably just installed a replacement barrel. Back then, barrels were plentiful.

Today, no one would throw away a barrel, damaged or not.

Over the years, I seen barrels sold as excellent, when in fact, the lugs are toast.

Eric

Originally posted by Pantera Mike Pantera Mike wrote:

Why do you think the original barrel was tossed? He was selling THREE different 280 barrels including a ribbed 6.5 inch, in separate auctions. I would assume that one of those was the original barrel for this frame.
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:42am
The guy recently bought from Jim Dolson, so sent him a letter to fwd. to the guy to have him read this thread. Just to be certain he knows whats up...which I agree he likely does.
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
AutoMagyar View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutoMagyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:27pm
I am supposing that the seller (or previous owner) may have obtained a Jurras bbl assy from Lee when he offered them as separate items. Otherwise the frame ought to have the customary 'LEJ' prefix on the serial #, no? Also otherwise, who in their right mind would separate a limited edition LEJ-numbered lower/frame from its original upper? Very likely what Eric says,...that solid bolt lower may have trashed the original bbl, whatever it was. Too much for a mystery pistol IMHO.
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:42am
Well, hopefully we'll hear from the buyer soon. I heard back from him and encouraged him to join and peruse the forum for info.
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 1:04pm
I guess I do not see what the mystery is.  The Dealer who was selling the gun  B 185 AMP which had three correct solid bolt barrels and a left over 41 JMP Model 100 barrel also in the collection.  There are at least 60 of the 41 JMP barrels around that Sanford sold as Jurras never took delivery of them.  Like that one, most are not Magna-ported.

The Dealer did mis-represent the gun at first but sorta cleared it up later.  If none of the barrels are damaged the buyer got a fair deal IMO.  Put a correct barrel on the frame and he has a B-series gun and the 41 JMP barrels bring $2000 to $3500 on the open market.
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:41am
Thats prety much what I told him. Didnt know value of the bbl by itself, but told him he got a good deal.
 Post Reply Post Reply