AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Gun Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted - Longslide Threaded Barrle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glacierwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted - Longslide Threaded Barrle
    Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:56pm
Wanted - Threaded AMT 45acp Longslide barrel.  New or used.

I have a suppressor and would like to get threaded barrel for my longslide.  The original 7" barrel of this particular gun is 'pristine' - could pass as like new in box - and I don't want to send it to Tornado Tech to have the threads added.  I've checked many the usual places (Midway, Brownells, etc) and emailed several of the top barrel makers - no luck so far - 6" threaded longslide is the longest they offer.

Any help would be appreciated!  You can email me direct northpolegallery@yahoo.com  

Thank you in advance, I appreciate your time!
Kevin 
AUTOMAG View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:33pm
Fusion Firearms offers a 7" 1911 barrel.
"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints"!!!
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 11:31pm
Can't believe Bar Sto won't make you one. I thought they'd make anything!
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
usrguns View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usrguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 2:42am
Problem is you have a 7" barrel, so your going to need a 7.5" barrel to thread it and have approx. 1/2" to put the suppresser on.  So yes you are going to need a custom barrel made. Because I'm not sure but I don't think there is anyone making a barrel longer that 7".

If you can't have fun doing it, then don't do it.
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 2:56am
Crazy thought...possible new invention...We've all seen the comps that take the place of the bushing, would it be possible to make a threaded piece that attaches same way?

I know it can be bad to drink and post, but is this feasible?
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
Glacierwolf View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glacierwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 4:22am
Yes, and true.  It would need be a 7.4" or 7.5" barrel to accommodate the extra threads.

I talked with both Fusion and Jarvis - no joy.  

I did find 7" barrels.  Cheap on gunbroker.com for $70.  And some 7" stainless match for $270 or so on eBay.  Neither sell can make bigger than 7".

I have seen 10" barrels on gunbroker before.  I have seen 16" barrels where folks used the 1911 frame, the 16" barrel and stock to make a 1911 rifle.  Next time I see one of these listed I will ask the seller that the diameter is at the 7" taper point and see if it is something I can create a bushing for.

I like the idea of a threaded bushing.  Problem is my go-to guy for all things suppressors is in jail.  Cry  So have to find another expert. 
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 12:50am
If your not aware, LAR Grizzly 1911 style pistols are available(if you can find one) in both 8" and 10" versions that both have about 2" of bbl. sticking out from the slide. These are sought by collectors(like me( and won't be cheap. Likely over $2K.
Barrels from those guns MIGHT fit in a 1911 like your Hardballer(I've never tried) but even they go for $3-500 by themselves!!!
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 7:06pm
16" 1911 barrels are in stock at Sarco for $82.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/451911barrel16roto.aspx
Glacierwolf View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glacierwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:10am
THANK YOU RUNMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are my new most favorite person in the world.  I just ran over to Sarco and bought two.  One to cut for my AMT Longslide and one to play with.  

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Kevin
Glacierwolf
 Post Reply Post Reply