AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rib breaking away from barrel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvz2Shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 5:02pm
Beemer and Tim, thank you for the help and info.

I have 2 more places to "visit" and ask.  If those end up being dead-ends too, I'll reach out to William and Tim.  Tony too as it appears that he has experience with this.

Thanks again!

If you were happy and you knew it, would you clap your hands?
1250 View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:37am
Great posts. Just to be different, how about removing the front section of rib and put a scope on it?
Travis Morgan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Rumore Rumore wrote:

and the typical customer thinks it should cost $20 bucks to "just weld it up".

Tony

Amen to that statement. 
If I could get even just $0.20 cents per all the occasions that I have had customers come in and tell me "how much it ought to cost" - or better yet, "how long it should ONLY take to do"; I would probably be able to afford not just one, but two brand new Automags (without ever wincing, whining or complaining once) LOL
Luvz2Shoot View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvz2Shoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:42pm
I agree that "just welding it up" may run a little more than $20 for a shop that is set up to do this. I know the finish work is what would cost because of the time involved.

As for cutting it off and mounting a scope..... No thank you. I'm a nostalgia lover of the barrel with the rib. I'm not even very fond of the barrels without ribs. I like my full length ribs.   
If you were happy and you knew it, would you clap your hands?
tgt40 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgt40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 10:34pm
Yeah the only person worth what they earn is themselves....it's too bad.  But we're talking ribs...  Luvs, good luck with your project it sounds like you've got good advice.

Second to this, I've got an 8.5" unribbed barrel.  I too like ribs.  Any thoughts on where I could get one?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12