AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

8 round magazine for auto mag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8 round magazine for auto mag
    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:45pm
Anyone seen this before?
desertmoon View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 12:41am
Noooo...

...but please do go on!  Big smile
Mark F View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 3:47pm
When I purchased my Pasadena a few years ago it came with 2 mags. One held 8 rounds.
My TDE, from 1974, only came with  the 7 round mag. So I thought I would post the picture and hope one of the experts might know.
Dances with AutoMags View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 6:38pm
It looks like a black Krasne's Triple K magazine.  It is missing a factory assembly hole and it doesn't use the proper factory follower pin / hold-open pin.  Triple K used an Allen screw for the pin.  The screw had the threads ground off of the shaft and it was pressed into the follower like a pin.  The pin I see in the picture looks like a generic pin I have seen used before. 
Ttiple K magazines had the floor plate welded in the front unlike the factories.  I can't make it out in the picture. 
I believe they also made some with a hard chrome finish so as to resemble stainless steel. 
I would guess that the trick with an 8 round magazine would be with the spring.  A trade off of being too strong so it pushes the top round out of the shell or so weak that the last round won't come to the top.   

Five rounds is enough for me.

Here is a link to their current site for magazines     

An armed society is a polite society.
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Dances with AutoMags Dances with AutoMags wrote:

+1
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 9:12pm
I was fortunate enough to be able to load six in my TDE!!!

This was always one of my strikes against the AutoMag.  What is the point of a full sized auto-loading magnum handgun that can't run the advertised number of rounds?  Or worse...limit you to even fewer rounds than a revolver?  Where is the advantage?

This was the very first thing that I gave feedback on for the new gun.  First Item:  run seven rounds all the time...EVERY time in every magazine.

....and, by George, I think that is exactly what is gonna happen!!!! Big smile

Mark F View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 9:35pm
I will try to run all 8+1 through my auto mags but may wait until the Founder's Edition arrives. I called Trpple K and she said they only have steel, no stainless.
While on the topic, does anyone know the difference between the old and new mags on The New Auto Mag store website other than $10?
THX
Mark F
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by desertmoon desertmoon wrote:

First Item:  run seven rounds all the time...EVERY time in every magazine.

I guess you're a beer can shooter and not a hunter?

Tony

Mark F View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Rumore Rumore wrote:

Originally posted by Dances with AutoMags Dances with AutoMags wrote:

+1

Tony, I normally put about 5 in the mag but I was surprised by the total capacity of one mag over the other. Have you seen this before?
Thanks.

Mark F
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Rumore Rumore wrote:

Originally posted by desertmoon desertmoon wrote:

First Item:  run seven rounds all the time...EVERY time in every magazine.

I guess you're a beer can shooter and not a hunter?

Tony

Yup.  But only because explosive filled rubber chickens are so expensive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>