AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > In memory
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lee E. Jurras passing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signedchecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lee E. Jurras passing
    Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 4:27pm
All-
Just a quick note to let you know that Mr. Lee Jurras passed away at approximately 235AM this morning at his home in Columbus, In.  Lee had been battling cancer for quite some time.  I spent quite a bit of time with Lee over the past couple years.  He taught me many things and was an amazing guy.  One of my best times was when we met in Shelbyville for lunch and he took me to the old Super Vel plant for a tour.    Rest In Peace Lee.  You will be greatly missed by many! 
signedchecks View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signedchecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 4:54pm
Also, a nice article and photo of Lee from a couple months ago.

AUTOMAG View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUTOMAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 7:03pm
Gary, thank you for the information.

Rest in Peace Lee, you will be missed my friend!!
"This is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag and holds a 300 grain cartridge and if properly used it can remove the fingerprints"!!!
usrguns View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usrguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:33am
Knew he was sick, but I thought he relocated to New Mexico!!Cry
If you can't have fun doing it, then don't do it.
Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luc V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:01pm
Another interesting man gone, I loved to talk ballistics and reloading with him.
May he rest in peace, and hope he find the eternal huntingfields.
Dances with AutoMags View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:07pm
Lee had a case (unknown number) of his Super-Vel ashtrays stolen from him many years ago.  J. Edgar Hoover was said to have had one on his desk at the FBI.  These ashtrays may re-surface with Lee gone.

Many years ago, a collector had sets of the Super-Vel (Auto Mag) newsletters made up, in color in a smaller format.  Lee wanted a "remuneration" from the collector.  He wouldn't pay it.  I expect to see these newsletters showing up for sale.

There is a phony, made to deceive, Backpacker out there, serial number BB-3. 

Collectors should beware of "recently discovered" Jurras items that are now for sale. 

R.I.P.  Mr. Jurras

An armed society is a polite society.
signedchecks View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signedchecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:33pm
I believe I remember Lee saying there were about 100-125 ashtrays that were taken.  I cant remember who he thought took them.  They are pretty hard to come across.  Sometimes one may come up on ebay or Gunbroker.  
chopperlar View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopperlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:57pm
It was SO SAD to hear about Lee 🙏 We lost a really good man &. Friend , "RIP" Lee ,,,
desertmoon View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 1:18am
I had just gotten home from holding my ex-wife's dead hand in the hospital ( she passed on Monday night ) and I got an email from Patrick letting me know Lee had died.

Lee was one of my childhood heroes and it was like a double slap for me.

I was so VERY fortunate to hang with him and have some fun times on the Kodiak board before it went south.

Lee was so awesome and I am so honored to have been able to interact with him.
Pasadena-Joe View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasadena-Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by chopperlar chopperlar wrote:

It was SO SAD to hear about Lee 🙏 We lost a really good man &. Friend , "RIP" Lee ,,,

he came from nothin, he ran with the big boys and he gave the best of them a run for the money.

never see another one like him.  -joe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>