AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Photo's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

8mm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 6:41pm
This is what the barrel looks like now.  It only needs the bluing to protect the carbon steel.  Bruce

An armed society is a polite society.
Road King View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 10:23pm
Bruce, I have to say I am blown away by the barrel.  I look forward to seeing photos of the finished gun.

As for California, I wouldn't live there, don't know why anyone else does.

Charles
"Whoever said "the pen is mightier than the sword" obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
General Douglas MacArthur.
Dances with AutoMags View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Road King Road King wrote:

Bruce, I have to say I am blown away by the barrel.  I look forward to seeing photos of the finished gun.

Charles

Thanks King.  I have the material to blue it but have been holding off because it looks so nice and shiny right now.

This 8mm thing is more of a love of the K-98 and the Auto Mag. 

I think I am going to use a blackened frame with fully-checkered, brown, polyurethane Pasadena grips.   

I will move the Luger style cocking-piece from the carbine onto this gun.  Kind of a fantasy gun.

Max is making another Luger style cocking-piece for the carbine, from scratch.

Thanks for the interest.....Bruce Stark

13 Sep 2017

I uglyed her up real good.  She looks to be all business now. 

The rear peep-site I used was from a French "MAS" Model 45 .22 trainer rifle.  The sight is marked out to 150 meters or about 1.5 football fields.  I sweated the rear sight platform off of an old Fluss-Stahl  Krupp-Essen, Model W625, .22 trainer rifle barrel.  The front sight is NOS K-98 Mauser with the grooves for the sight hood.  I copied the design for the "light pipe" front sight.

Cheers

Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:14am
I received another modified cocking piece from Max today.  Couldn't wait to assemble it onto the project gun.  I need to blacken the frame and a couple of other things to finish it, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.  I found some wooden fully checkered grips for it.  I still want to cast some brown fully checkered grips for the gun.
Road King View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:49pm
The sights really look great, particularly the rear. Keep the photos coming
"Whoever said "the pen is mightier than the sword" obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
General Douglas MacArthur.
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 6:29pm
As this is the photo section, thought I would post a picture of the #10 gun and the .357 barrel that were shown in the Aristocrat brochure.  Better pix to follow....BS

I applied a stainless steel "blackner" but it came out kind of spotty and a dark to a light gray color.  This is a frame I bought years ago from Dan Gibbons.  The grips were made by Fuzzy Farrant.  I won't shoot the gun with these grips on it.  I'm going to make some brown checkered plastic grips for it.  It needs and extended magazine release too.  Here are some piccture of how it looks now. Thanks King. 
MarkH View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 10:24pm
I had good luck with Insta-Blak from Electrochemical Products, Inc
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 12:43am
The craftsmanship and know-how of the members here continues to amaze me!
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by MarkH MarkH wrote:

I had good luck with Insta-Blak from Electrochemical Products, Inc

Thanks for the tip Mark.  I used up an old bottle of Caswell Blackener but forgot about the Voodoo of touching the stainless steel with a piece of carbon steel while applying the blackener.  I just ordered a sample kit ($42) of the Insta-Blak SS-370 Liquid Blackener.  I'll post pictures of how it comes out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12