AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Photo's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

8mm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8mm
    Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 3:40pm
Peep site and light amplified fiber front sight.  The sights have been soldered on now.  Also put a screw in the rear site for mechanical strength.  The marking is next.  Che
An armed society is a polite society.
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 5:27pm
Well, how does it shoot?
Dances with AutoMags View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dances with AutoMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 6:52pm
The carbine shot ok but I haven't finished the 7.5" barrel yet.  Thought I might post a picture of my latest project.  I tried to show the carbine at a gun show in Lancaster but the Calif. DOJ working the show made me put it away.  He said he will check to see if it is legal here so I moved it to Arizona.  Ouch

Ric M. helped me with some loading info for the 8mm.  The way things are going it may be quite a while before I get the barrel marked and blued.  Bruce
An armed society is a polite society.
76nova View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 11:18pm
Very nice!!!!!
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 1:01am
I have a Wildey Carbine setup and I always wondered about the legality of it.  I bought it from a guy out in Virginia and he shipped the long barrel with the stock attached as a rifle and the rest shipped later.

USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 1:31am
Its legal as long as the long Bbl. is on with shoulder stock attached. Shorter than 16" Bbl. and stock=SBR and it must be registered.
I'm no expert, but this what I've always been told.
There weren't many carbines made, I'm curious about serial#.
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 2:48am
And then I saw this...https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/non-nfa-glock-pistol-conversion-kit-caa-roni-stab/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20170206_BlogDigest_210&utm_campaign=/blog/non-nfa-glock-pistol-conversion-kit-caa-roni-stab/

Unbelievable! Now ATF will just trust us not to shoulder the "arm brace" (stock) on this SBR!
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 2:49am
The long barrel is an 18" chambered for 475 Wildey with a 2X Leupold long eye relief and the shorter barrel is a 10" in 45 Win Mag

Travis Morgan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Dances with AutoMags Dances with AutoMags wrote:

I tried to show the carbine at a gun show in Lancaster but the Calif. DOJ working the show made me put it away.  He said he will check to see if it is legal here so I moved it to Arizona.  Ouch 
 Bruce

Good thing that you moved it! 
The California DOJ has shown that they have an appetite for "things Automag" as many on here have found out the hard way with Brian Maynard's barrel confiscations.
Travis Morgan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by USA 1776 USA 1776 wrote:

And then I saw this...https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/non-nfa-glock-pistol-conversion-kit-caa-roni-stab/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20170206_BlogDigest_210&utm_campaign=/blog/non-nfa-glock-pistol-conversion-kit-caa-roni-stab/

Unbelievable! Now ATF will just trust us not to shoulder the "arm brace" (stock) on this SBR!

You know that a line has been crossed when legislators, the justice system along with law enforcement conspire to come up with absolute asinine laws and regulations that affect only law abiding individuals.

Indications that you are headed down a path that leads away from freedom is .....
When a law or enactment sounds sooo retarded, and infringes on not just rights, but more so on God given common sense - you can be almost certain that that pile of sh!t will just keep getting higher. 

At least in the US you have a 2nd amendment along with the NRA, but it still seems that certain bureaucrats in certain states can force the people to jump through hoops and have to create abortions such as the stock neutered, pump action AR-15 "California guns" 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>