AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Wildey Company - Preorders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Wildey Company - Preorders
    Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 9:46pm
The New Wildey Company has all the parts on hand now and are machining frames and slides.  On their Facebook page they are accepting pre-orders to get an idea of what to produce.

Below are to entries I copied and pasted to fill you in.  I put in for one complete gun in 357 Peterbilt and an extra Peterbilt barrel.  I think these excepts are self explanatory.  Guns will be in the neighborhood of $2400 and barrels $700-$900.

Here's a reminder to everyone wanting to be first in line for a new Wildey Survivor:
1. Make sure you are on the Wildey VIP list by emailing sales@wildeyguns.com and telling us the specs for the gun you want if you have decided. You can always change this but it gives us a better idea of what to order for production.
Choose 475 Wildey Magnum, .45 Winchester Magnum, .357 Peterbilt, .44 Automag
Barrel-8", 10", 12" 14"
Finish-brushed stainless, high buff, engraved.

2. Even if you think you are on the Wildey VIP list send us the above information AND the name and location of the FFL through which you will be taking delivery.
3. If you are a dealer, please send us your FFL and we will contact you shortly.

We've gotten a strong response to my previous post asking you to send in an email to indicate two things:
1. What Wildey configuration do you want
2. What FFL will you use to take delivery
Of course, you should include your full contact information.

I'd like to clarify what the Wildey VIP list is all about, by saying that everyone on the list will get first shot (pun intended) on taking delivery of a customized Wildey.

We have very deliberately not made a formal public announcement...no press releases or intentional media coverage, although there is demand for that from the gun magazines and gun writers.

We have been promised a cover page splash on a prominent gun magazine and that will be timed with our official announcement. We expect to receive strong demand after that story runs, however, by being on the Wildey VIP list, you are ahead of the crowd. You are first in line...

One more thing...The highest demand so far is for the 10" Wildey Survivor chambered for .475 Wildey Magnum cartridges. Around here, we call that the "Bronson" gun. Feel free, as many already have, to specify that you want a Bronson. We know exactly what that means.

Write to us at:

Sales@WildeyGuns.com

Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 12:35am
Hmmm.....I had one.  S/N 1109.  It was a complete piece of sh*t.

I'll have to pass on this pre-order.

Tony

Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Rumore Rumore wrote:

Hmmm.....I had one.  S/N 1109.  It was a complete piece of sh*t.

I'll have to pass on this pre-order.

Tony

Well Tony, why don't you tell us how you really feel Tongue

I'll never worry about speaking my mind again,,,  

As for the Wildey, while there is something interesting about the look of the longer barreled guns, I too have not been impressed by the quality of their product. 

And truth be told I found them to be quite cumbersome and unwieldy. (seriously no pun intended)

Maybe they are better suited to bigger people.

It would be interesting to know how many units they sell. 

GH
Who was that masked man,,,
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 12:31pm
GH, Tony

Speaking your mind is a good thing, that's what Forums are for.

As for Wildey's, I got into the game late.  I bought one new in 2006 chambered for 44 AMP with an 8" barrel to hunt whitetails with.  Wildey was still in business at that time.  Once I got familiar with it, the gun functioned fine and is quite accurate. The grips are large and the gun seems a little "out of balance" for some reason.  I was not very impressed.

A couple of years ago I bought a 475 with a 12" barrel and this is a fine shooter.  The 12" barrel seems to balance it out believe it or not.  It too is a later made pistol.  I have since picked up several more Wildey's and at least for the later ones, the quality is very good.  The fit and finish is excellent.  Accuracy is outstanding.

The grips are huge.  The gun was designed to hold a double stack magazine of 9mm Win mag which did not happen.  I with the grips could be slimmed down to single stack 475 size.

The 357 Peterbilt is the 475 necked to 357 and should be a fun cartridge out of a long barrel.  With 
Wildey's gas system, it should be quite versatile.   There were barrel blanks left over from the old company.
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto Mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 1:02pm
I don't doubt that the new guns are better, and the 12" Bbl is the one I like the looks of.

I wonder if they have ever considered a revised and slimmed down frame, and maybe even slide as it too is a bit chunky.  I'll be there is a lot of weight that could be saved with a bit or re-engineering.

I like the sound of the 357, wonder what the max velocities look like.

Unfortunately as the gun is today, I'm not an interested buyer, but I am interested to see how well they do.

GH
Who was that masked man,,,
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 1:19pm
Conservative numbers on the 357 are 158 grain at 2060 fps and 125 grain at 2300 fps out of a 12" barrel.  I am assuming the barrel length as that is what Wildey generally used for velocity numbers.
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 11:14pm
FWIW, mine was an 8" 45 Win Mag that I bought new in 1989.

It looked really nice on the outside, but that's the only good thing I can say about it.

Tony

jcola9247 View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcola9247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:56pm

GH, Tony,

I have had a Wildey for many years. The Wildey is not for your average Joe. The gun is in no way a pice of SH*t! You really have to educate yourself on the operation of the gun. I first I had a lot of problems with my gun. I found the old factory rounds were not precise so I started loading my own (can’t speak for the new factory rounds never shot them). It takes time to dial in the right setting but once you find that sweet spot the gun shoots and preforms flawlessly. I will say the last round in the Mag sometimes hangs up. I never had any problem with the .45 win mag rounds not being precise, just dialed it in and shot. The thing is if you switch rounds to a different grain or manufacture you might have to dial back in. I have a 10" .475 upper, a 10” .45 win mag upper and a 5" .45 win mag upper. The load that works best for me is the Hawk .475 Wildey Mag. Full Metal Jacketed Bullet, 230 Gr. Auto Nose with 22 grains of Blue Dot powder. Can’t wait for full production, I would think with the new technology in CNC’s etcetera they should be better than ever! Thinking I would like to get the .44 auto mag upper  in 7” or 8”.Smile
Joe

Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 10:54pm
Really?  Well lets see here...the double action loads up terribly with a pull rate so high, it was all I could do to fire it DA.  And in DA, it had light primer strikes all the time.  The single action pull was also spongy as hell and when it did let off, the over travel was ridiculously long.  The back of the grip as so square the edges dug into the web of my hand until it started to bleed......after only about 50 rounds.  The rib was mounted at an angle to the bore (sideways) so when I put a scope mount on it, the screw holes didn't go down the center of the rib or the scope would be pointing way off to the side.  The machine work on the inside looked like it was done with a chainsaw.  When some shooters fired the gun, the magazine fell out on the ground with every shot.  Every time you change to different ammo you have to dial in the gas setting again.  So you end up jamming cases up in the gun while you test it.  Change the load again and jam up some more cases.  If that's not a POS in your book, I don't know what is.

Tony

76nova View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 12:22am
I agree with ya Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>