AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10mm Pistols

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:57am
Originally posted by TRX302 TRX302 wrote:

> Nave you shot a 7" Javalena 10mm before? Likely not as smooth as your LB gun, but I love it!!

The wimpy 10mm Auto or the righteous AMT 10mm Magnum?

I have never seen a Javalena in person even.  I tried to buy one of the 10mm mags off of William Bryant but it was worth more money than I wanted to get tied up in an AMT.

If I was going to go 10 mag I would look at one of the new Ruger revolvers I think.
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA 1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 5:09am
The MK IV 10mmmags are pricey and mine is unfired and will remain that way. The 10mm auto Javalena came in a 5" and 7" model. The 7" is of course heavier and front end heavy making it easier to shoot well. And then theres the longer sight radius as well. Point is I shoot it well and enjoy doing so.
However my absolute fave 10mm is an 8" LAR Grizzly.

Recently there was a revolver on GB in 10mmmag, but not sure if it was a GP100 OR Super Redhawk. Think it sold north of $900.
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
KMP View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 6:25pm
Number 76 and 77. Dang I was hoping to get the chance to buy those. Well, Congrats Beemer. 

Originally posted by BEEMER1 BEEMER1 wrote:

I picked these up at the start of the week.

A pair of consecutively numbered Bren Ten  M&P's.

BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by KMP KMP wrote:

Number 76 and 77. Dang I was hoping to get the chance to buy those. Well, Congrats Beemer. 

Eric

They are 168 and 169.  I could not get a decent sized photo to post so that is why it is so small.
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 8:19pm
Beemer1,

When you stick a 9mm barrel in a 10mm slide, the hood on the barrel is too narrow and you'll have some side-to-side slop at the ass end.

You should really have your gunsmith TiG up the barrel hood and recut it to fit the slide.

Tony
BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Rumore Rumore wrote:

Beemer1,

When you stick a 9mm barrel in a 10mm slide, the hood on the barrel is too narrow and you'll have some side-to-side slop at the ass end.

You should really have your gunsmith TiG up the barrel hood and recut it to fit the slide.

Tony

I was wondering about that.  I asked my Gunsmith and he thought it would work.

I talked to the guys down at Kart and I am pretty sure they are the barrel  supplier to Baer, althought they would neither admit to it or deny it.  He knows that I am putting it into a 10mm slide.  The barrel is not made yet because I wanted it shipped without the caliber marking.  I will get in touch with him again and see what he says.

Thanks for the tip.
KMP View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:22pm
Oh, you have the other pair, I've heard about. That means I still have a chance!! Wink

Enjoy those two.

Originally posted by KMP KMP wrote:

Eric

They are 168 and 169.  I could not get a decent sized photo to post so that is why it is so small.
Rumore View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 12:06am
Beemer1,

It will work just fine....it just won't be right.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEEMER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Rumore Rumore wrote:

Beemer1,

It will work just fine....it just won't be right.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

But I want it right.

I have  the LBC 6" Premier II's in both 10mm and 9mm.  I am going look them over and see what the difference is for sure.  The barrel coming from Kart is not a drop in unit, it is made to be fitted by a Gunsmith.
TRX302 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRX302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by USA 1776 USA 1776 wrote:

The MK IV 10mmmags are pricey and mine is unfired and will remain that way.

If there's anything that *should* be an orphan cartridge, the 10mm AMT Magnum would be it. It was an optional caliber on an extremely low production gun last made long ago...

The Wikipedia entry for the 10mm Auto says the parent case was the .30 Remington. So theoretically Starline just makes some slightly-longer 10mm Auto brass and trims it to Magnum length. I don't know if they're ever going to make any more .30 Remington, but that's also the parent case for the 6.8 SPC, which still isn't quite dead yet. So it wouldn't be a big deal for Starline to make an occasional run of 10mm Mag, but I still can't see that they'd sell enough to bother. Not that I'm complaining!

The .30 Remington, by the way, was part of a set of cartridges designed by John Moses Browning for his long-recoil semiauto hunting rifle, produced as the FN Model 1900 and the Remington Model 8. The cartridge was basically a rimless .30-30 Winchester, in .25, .30, and .32 caliber. Early boxes of .30 ammunition were marked ".30-30 Remington", which caused no small amount of confusion for customers...

The case head diameter was smaller than the "normal" .473" size, which derived from the 8x57 Mauser, but larger than the smallbore rimless cartridges that came out in the 1950s. No other rimless case could be adapted; during times when no new brass was available, shooters resorted to turning rims off .30-30 and cutting extractor grooves. The various Remington cartridges have been in production for more than a century, but brass is a *lot* harder to get than 10mm AMT Magnum! I think Remington makes a tiny run every other leap year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>