AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Gun Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FAQ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAQ
    Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 11:05am
Every one who is new to the forum will have some, most of the common ones will be in the FAQ area.

Take a look at AutoMagPistol Forum FAQ's first.
curmudgeon View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2008 at 10:41pm
Since I suggested this forum, let me be the first to make some statements that well answer some of the FAQ.
First let me state when I refer to AM's I speak of the 180 and 280 Series. Which are usually designated by the bolt style, but not always due to latter stage parts supply vs shipping availability, or by 357 AMp, 41 JMP, and 44 AMP. Or by Kent Lomont calibers.
There are two type AM owners, shooters and collectors. If you are not an experienced handloader, and by this I mean both revolvers and bottom feeders. Able to check headspace, and detail strip your gun either get help from an AM owner or a gunsmith with the above qualifications.
Good load data is available from Hodgdon and Hornady. Tho Hodgdons uses some powder that is not the best choice, they are safe.
The caliber and Mod designation is usually etched on the bbl extention, and could be a mismatch for the frame model desinated in the S/N.
More later, LEJ
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2008 at 2:46am
I have made the statement that I considered all AM's prototypes, I base that statement on the fact that there were less than 10K made, during production, so many changes in material and hear treat were made w/o several thousand rounds tested after each change. I felt that Kent L. and I did most of the developmental work after about S/N series A2500 or there abouts. Do any of you have guns where the trigger bar spring was just riding on the flat or Super Glued to that flat ?... I started drilling a seat for the TB spring. Larry G. and I built a jig to drill this seat one week when I was at the plant...then the factory started doing this. I think maybe in the A4500-5000 series...Clap
bigbuck View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 1:50am
I have a couple of pistols where the TB spring is justing on the flat surface. What is your cost to drill
a recess for the spring. I have been trying for years to find someone with this jig.
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 4:56am
Sorry BigBuck, haven't done any AM work for a number of years, don't even remember who I even sold my jig to...But if very careful one can do one w/o the jig..FWIW
grey katt View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey katt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 6:59pm
I have a question ,that I  need some help on , My wife recently bought an AMT automag V  for herself , She is a Retired USMC & loves to shoot ,My problem , the pistol had a weak hammer spring & a bent hammer strut ,I had a spare spring ,but anly straightned the strut & would like to have a new one ,does anybody know where one could be purchased or a good smith that works on AMT s could make one ,,Numerich or Brownells does not have any , also is the automag II strutt the same as they are available from High Standard ,,Thanks,,Grey Katt
grey katt View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey katt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 12:20am
I have a question that I do not know what catagory to post it ,I am looking to buy a AMT 10 mm Javelina longslide in nice shape , would anyone have one or know of one for sale
jurras View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jurras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 2:44am
If you want a 10mm suggest a Glock 20....
grey katt View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey katt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 3:26am
yes I agree on the glock ,,but I have all the automags except the 45 win & the  10 mm Javelina longslide .,kinda hung up on them ,enjoy tinkering with them,, looking for the longslide first..
jurras View Drop Down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jurras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 5:08am
Oh, you are a collector, not a shooter, guns , parts, warranty all gone. Make poor shooters, collectors yes, with deep pockets.   Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>