AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe New Automag Part 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Phenry3 View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:07pm
SBR ammuntion
AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by desertmoon desertmoon wrote:

A word of warning:  the tolerancing on these guns is an order of magnitude higher than most originals as far as I can tell.  These guns are gonna be like Les Baer 1911s.  Buy, clean, oil correctly and then shoot the snot out of it to loosen it up.

Now you're speaking my lingo :) Sounds great!
desertmoon View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:47am
...and, I am off to the range.

Wish me luck!
AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:03am
Bon Chance! Smile Clap
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:36am
Okay.  I am back.

...and, as I predicted, treat these guns like Les Baer 1911s.  Load your mags short at first and use a light oil in the right places and then start shooting.

You'll have some bobbles at first and then.....presto....she starts running.

I was WHIPPED after 50 rounds NOT because the gun has horrible recoil, quite the contrary but just giving the gun something to recoil against really takes it out of you.

I couldn't stop shooting after just fifty rounds, though....oh no.  But after about 100 I just had to stop.  I was beat.

Now, again, these are literally an order of magnitude more precise than original guns....so they are going to take some breaking in.

Let me say that there is nothing that happened that I didn't expect AND AFTER A FEW MAGS, MY MAGS STARTED TAKING ANd RUNNING 7 ROUNDS.  Well, both took seven rounds but one of them is being a bitch....the other however is running like a champ!!!!

I'll get with AutoMag and get the offending mag switched out.  I was super happy that, all of the sudden, ZOOP...seven rounds, no problem.

Alright...I am beat.....more later.....

I'll leave you with this:

As I have said, "The AutoMag is not so much a pistol, as it is a monastic devotion."  and that is true to this day.....

If YOU do your part, these guns are going to put a SERIOUS smile on your face.

I LOVE THIS THING!!!
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:39am

One more thing:

POST 100 ROUND INSPECTION REVEALS NOTHING BUT A FILTHY GUN.  Locking lugs, check.  Barrel extension: Check.  Strike face for accelerator: check.  Accelerator: check.  One recoil rod slightly backed out BUT I only used the provided hex key and I didn't go crazy on the torque.  I'll fix that next go around.  Grip screws stayed put.

LOOKING GREAT!!!!

AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:34am
Excellent - thanks for the range report
KMP View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:22pm
As mentioned 100 times by everyone, I wish they kept the original barrel configuration. I especially don't like the radius crowned muzzle. That's just a recoil enhancer and should only be used on pistols that need assistance to help function, like small bore cartridges or the use of lightweight projectiles. But when shooting full house 240gr .44 caliber projectiles, it's not needed. 

When I get mine, if I decide to mimic the Clint-2 frame features, I may shave the crown and make it plush. 

Eric
Travis Morgan View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:22pm
Congrats to you Patrick and everyone else at your company for making it actually happen. Your gonna make a lot of people smile from here on out! Clap

Pasadena-Joe View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by KMP KMP wrote:

As mentioned 100 times by everyone, I wish they kept the original barrel configuration. I especially don't like the radius crowned muzzle. That's just a recoil enhancer and should only be used on pistols that need assistance to help function, like small bore cartridges or the use of lightweight projectiles. But when shooting full house 240gr .44 caliber projectiles, it's not needed. 

When I get mine, if I decide to mimic the Clint-2 frame features, I may shave the crown and make it plush. 

Eric

Careful, last time I said anything bout not liking the barrel design I got gut shot - skinned - and hung on the shed door by one of our hoiler-than-thou "experts" and defenders of the faith ($$$).

So being the gator skinned PIA that I am, I will go out on a limb and jump on YOUR bandwagon and say I agree 100%  your comments.

Sure wish it was an authentic looking barrel. 

I'm gonna have to wait until they come out with a reproduction closer to 100% , just dont like that barrel enough to live with it for as long as I keep my guns.  Just looks too much like a Wildey or something else, and not like an AutoMag barrel. Sure hope they build a model with the original style barrel otherwise I'll have to stick with my original Pasadena. 

Otherwise it looks prettier than a Bavarian cuckoo clock to me.  -Joe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 123>