AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe New Automag Part 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
KMP View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 7:59pm
Ahh yes, now I remember Patrick mentioning that. Thanks for the clarification. 

Originally posted by BEEMER1 BEEMER1 wrote:

My understanding is that they were selling 50 of the "Founder's Editions" and sending the other 20 out to gun writers and other 'noteables'.  Patrick read a list off to me and it was a who's who of handgunners.
Phenry3 View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 3:43pm
To clear up any confusion on the Founders Edition:

There was nothing magical about the number that we choose to make. We had ordered 80 barrel blanks and lost 3 in heat treat. That gave us 77. We needed 15 for T&E guns for our "Beta Test Group". That left 62 to sell. We decided to offer them for $4495 but were willing to sell to those that prepaid $3995. We just decided to be safe and only offer 50 incase we lost some other in the manufacturing process. They sold out almost overnight and we ended up with 31 people on the wait list. Several complained that they did not get notice before they were sold out. Since we are far enough in the process to know we are not going to lose any we decided to offer the remaining 12. I have been hand calling the people on the wait list and as of yesterday we had 3 remaining. I am going to be overseas until November so I may not get a chance to call the last few until I get back October 31st. Several of the testers have requested to puchase the guns that they are testing however after they are returned any unsold guns will be offered out for $4495. Hope this clears up any confusion on the Founders Edition Guns.

Also good news if you plan on attending the Shot show Larry Grossman will be there Wednesday and Thursday at the Excel Booth #2853 with the new Auto Mag. 

Last note is that if you sent and lost a deposit to purchase a upper from Maynard Arms. We will have a program ,after we catch up with production, to offer anyone that lost a deposit, a $500 discount on a new Auto Mag complete upper assembly(includes bolt) either 8 1/2 or 6 1/2. 

Best Regards,

Patrick Henry
scar2783 View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 4:20pm
Thank you for the update Patrick. I hope to stop in and visit you guys in SC when I drive back from FL in late November/early December. 

Also, I cannot convey how appreciative I am, and how generous it is of you to offer the $500 discount to those of us who lost our money in the Maynard Incident. Thank you so much,!!! It truly illustrates both you and your company's compassion and commitment to those in the Auto Mag world. 

Mark
desertmoon View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:31am
Originally posted by scar2783 scar2783 wrote:

Also, I wasn't aware that the grips were going to be G10 either. So that's good news. 

The Founder's guns are wood grips.  The whole thing about G-10 is for the factory "production" guns.  I did request G-10s on my FE gun as I do NOT like modern hardwoods as a personal matter.

Too, the guns that I regularly "go to", I shoot pretty hard and G-10 is the ultimate grip material for that.  I'll be using my Auto Mag pretty regularly which is another reason I requested G-10.

The new wood grips are incredibly beautiful and a lot of folks think I am nuts for not getting wood grips....but I just have no interest in wood grips, excepting epoxy filled laminates.

scar2783 View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 12:40am
I read that information on the New Auto Mag website, which had a photo of the wood grips with the caption of "Hogue G10 grip after first mill operation (these will be on the Founders Edition)" The grips in the photo look like wood to me, which definitely threw me off. 

It's probably a typo like the "right facing" Auto Mag statement was. 

I'll take whatever is suppose to come with it because as I've said, I won't ever shoot it. However, yours sounds like it'll be special for both you, and perhaps being the only FE to come out of the factory with G10 grips. 

Mark

Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:06am
Yeah, I am with on that begin a typo.  But you gotta admit...them wood grips are flippin' HOT!!!!  I think everyone will be rightly proud of them.

scar2783 View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:14am

You're right on the wood grips. I think they're perfect for the Founder's Edition. However, the G10's with the updated grip pattern look awesome too. Might have to get a set of them for the North Hollywood.

Mark
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:21am
I am hoping to just get straight black G-10 in the original second series grip pattern instead of the updated grips that were shown earlier in this thread.  I really did NOT like chain link for the AutoMag....

Now...if I was using an AutoMag as an "Alaska Gun" however....those WOULD be the grips I would choose regardless of what I think of the look.

Richard seemed to indicate that a more tradition G-10 grip was being developed at Hogue....I am hoping I read that correctly.

I would love to see the red and black "cherrywood" pattern or something similar that evokes the simulated look of wood yet being tough and grippy at the same time.
dbailey View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 2:38am
What happened with the people losing deposits to Maynard?
I hadn't heard.
dbailey View Drop Down
180 Auto Mag
180 Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 4:19am
I just found the thread on this forum talking about it.
I had no idea. Has anybody heard an update on Brian?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 123>