AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe New Automag Part 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tgt40 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 1:26pm
Can we, should we, dare we hope once again!?

Ian View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 3:16pm
I hope so and after chatting with him he is a real person and appears to be doing good work. 

He has had input from the right people and done a lot of work to get to where he is at the moment. 

Ian 

Dances with AutoMags View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 3:20pm
LOL   YES !

Patrick Henry is very serious and is doing a professional job in creating the next generation of the Auto Mag.  I have met him and he is a story himself.  Have you seen the movie "Lord of War" ?  Sign up to get his latest updates on the project.  We live in exciting times.

Welcome snap-cap from Holland. 

Here is an Ideezet or a "Holland Valve".  I finally got one for my pre-1921 triode collection.

An armed society is a polite society.
AutoMagyar View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 5:33pm
This sounds very promising. 
I hope they will offer (new) spare parts as well, for the owners of older/original model Auto Mags.
That would be an excellent sideline of support to offer, in addition to the new Auto Mag-X.
We can only hope, but this indeed looks good.

Best wishes to Patrick Henry, Max, Larry, et al in this new endeavour.  Thumbs Up

Cheers.
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
USA 1776 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 8:54am
From the statements made on the website, this sounds like one of the goals of the project. As tgt40 mused..."dare we hope"?
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' Ronald Reagan
76nova View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 11:08am
i never believed i would live so long to see it happen sure sounds like the real deal though i wish them luck on their new journey
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 2:50pm

Interesting for sure, but I can’t help but be completely skeptical based on all the previous attempts to bring the Auto Mag back, and on the words of wisdom shared with us all in the past by people who actually know the firearms industry.

To start with, I cant help but feel that building the gun as a hybrid (original design lower and new experiential upper) will be their first undoing.  Wouldn’t it be far better to produce the known quantity that has been tested and its problems are few, well known, and mostly were quality control.  Plus if it were all original you would have a “potential” market in replacement part sales.

So then based on Max G’s very specific comments about what is necessary (his words) for the successful production of firearms;  do these folks have any experience in mass production and specifically of firearms? Do they have the specialized dedicated equipment and tooling, or are they relying on CNC and universal machinery.

And from Lee Jurras; do they have the facilities to perform the extensive testing needed to ensure their products are safe (remember this is a whole gun not just parts)  Do they have the connections necessary for distribution, it will be very difficult to get a gun into the stores from a very small company.  Like it or not liability will be almost a show stopper for any volume of sales. 

Now maybe they have a bigger plan,,,  Build some prototypes, do EXTENSIVE testing, partner with a major manufacturer, there are ways forward, but I don’t see this working as a small business operation, its just too complicated, too expensive, and not likely a successful activity for first-timers to succeed at.  It seems like the best they can hope for is a handful of direct sales before the house of cards falls in. 

So to me it looks like a fun project and great dream, but based on all the words of wisdom communicated here by Lee, Max, Bruce, Eric, and others, this looks like a Mount Everest climb to produce a gun that will have a very limited sales potential.  And with todays liability risks, super high manufacturing costs, and challenges to break into a market like firearms manufacturing – distribution – sales, I have my doubts. 

Anyone who wants to bet the cost of one, that I will not be able to walk into any local gun shop and buy one in the next 2, 3, 5 years,,,  well I’m up for that bet.

That said, it will be interesting to watch unfold and I certainly wish them well, and I will be very happy to test anything they want to send my way  ;-)

Who was that masked man,,,
76nova View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 3:50pm
VERY well said i have to agree with you, why wouldnt they want to keep it all original it would save them money and time?
Luc V. View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 3:59pm
George,
a simple answer to your remarks:
Sometimes a (few) men have to do what a man has to do...Wink
I can only take my hat off for them!Clap
Auto Mag View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 4:12pm
Yup, like I said, sounds like a fun project. 

I just don't have any expectation of actually finding any for sale in stores. 

A very limited run of custom special order guns at a very high cost is possible, but any expectation of a production gun for sale in stores seems unlikely.  But never say never, just unlikely.

And as its not my money at risk, I can sit back and wish them well without any fear of loss to me, except for disappointment if it doesn't workout.

This is the history of the Auto Mag.

So we watch, we hope, we dream, we wish them well,,,

Who was that masked man,,,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 123>