AMT Guns forum

Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Mag Pistol > Message Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe New Automag Part 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pantera Mike View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:45am
Patrick, why not educate us all at once here?
Mark F View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 4:06pm
I have spoken to Patrick and feel confident waiting until all the improvements have been made. Shipping firearms back and fourth can be expensive; so I would rather wait a few more months. My goal is to own an Auto Mag that shoots all the rounds with no failures. I think that is Patrick's goal also.
Just my humble opinion, FWIW.
Mark F
Gwmcgee View Drop Down
Baby Auto Mag
Baby Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 5:37pm
This is getting more confusing by the day. Desert moon posted 01/16/18 that he ran thru a hundred rounds with his new automag FE and only had an issue with1 mag that he wanted to swap out. Now as I understood earlier post I could get mine “if I wasn’t going to shoot it”?? I was under the impression the current delay was because of magazine issues and there again if Desertmoon is correct the old magazines of his ran just fine so I was going to use my 40+ year old magazines till the new ones were shipped. What improvement from January 16 2018 is being made to make the others perform better than Desertmoon’s current FE 44 automag. Is Desertmoon going to send his back to make it better than what he has now?? Now I admit that I haven’t talked to anyone other than what I read on here but I am confused why the others who have gotten their FE pistols are not posting similar to how Desertmoon did about their new pistol. I will certainly share my experience with it when mine arrives. So based on Mark F. Post above I should now expect to wait till mid-June or so??? Send me one like Desertmoon got in January and I will be happy.
Pasadena-Joe View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 1:58am
Well maybe is one person suggested, if they posted what the updates are the pros and cons could be debated here and a better sense of comfort would be had by all including potential future buyers. 

Just a thought - Joe

BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 12:11pm
The second batch of magazines were bad also.  The material was too soft and the lips spread and other problems like the Triple K mags had years ago.

The 8 1/2" barrels being heavier have caused some minor function problems.  With very hot ammo, they work fine, 1450 fps +.  Patrick would like to have them function with ammo in the 1250 fps range and they are working on that now and think they have the answer.

I think we just need to hold on for now and let them work through the minor problems.  Don't worry, the guns are there.
AndyC View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 6:59pm
Thanks for the update, Beemer.
scar2783 View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 4:09pm

Gents,

While driving from NY to my FL home, my brother and I had the opportunity to stop in Loris, SC to meet Patrick Henry and Andy Herrington at the Auto Mag LTD Corp Headquarters. Patrick & Andy were gracious enough to stay past business hours for the day to accommodate us. They showed us around the facility, showed us photos & videos of various Auto Mags, some of the old stock of Auto Mag parts, and of course, more than a few Auto Mags themselves. There were several Founder's Editions in boxes and ready to go, so some lucky guys will be receiving their FE's soon!

Again, I'd like to thank Patrick and Andy for staying late to meet with us. That really meant a lot, and speaks volumes of their commitment, dedication, and the respect that they have for their customers.  Although it added another overall 3 hours to the trip, it was worth the hour of meeting with them. 

Also for anyone that will ask, I will be waiting for the improvements to the remaining Founder's for my gun. I'll let Patrick address the specifics in regard to that. Just be assured that the guns are beautiful, and they're on track & dedicated to putting out a high quality product. Even though I'll never fire mine, I'd prefer to have an Auto Mag that will run correctly with varying loads. 

I also purchased a set of the Hogue Grips, which are VERY comfortable in the hand. 

Below is a photo of myself & Patrick with one of the Founder's. FYI, I'm 6'2", 230, so as you can see, Patrick is more "Clint Size" than most of us! 

Mark S. 

BEEMER1 View Drop Down
Callahan's Auto Mag
Callahan's Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 5:53pm
Thanks for the news.

I probably will not shoot mine a lot but I certainly want to run some rounds through it for comparison.
Mark F View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 7:55pm
Looking good, Gentlemen!Clap
JTaylorIV View Drop Down
International Auto Mag
International Auto Mag

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:16pm
I truly appreciate the updates posted in this thread.  I am in the second group (after FE) for the Classic Edition.  There is very little being posted to the automag.com website but I understand they want to keep a positive face to the public.  This forum seems to be the best place to gather information regarding the delays to perfect the firearm.   I appreciate everyone’s posts and Patrick, keeping us up to date with any issues and delays.  It keeps people, like me, from adding unnecessary traffic to Patrick’s inbox.  I wanted an automag long ago but avoided for various reasons. I decided to purchase one and missed the FE window, purchased Classic Edition.  The experimentation and modifications to perfect the automag enticed me to order one.  I waited decades and to wait a couple of extra months to work out remaining issues is not a problem with me.  In a way I am glad I am getting a Classic Edition because if it was an FE would end up being a safe queen or shot very little.  I plan to shoot the snot out of the CE!   Again, Thanks all for the updates.
John
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 123>